On 15 March 2016, the Government released the Australian Government Annual Red Tape Reduction Report 2015.
The report outlines the achievements of the Australian Government in delivering its commitment to regulatory reform and reduce costs and regulatory burden imposed by unnecessary red tape.
The Government has taken decisions to remove a net $4.8 billion in red tape, as at 31 December 2015. This exceeds the original commitment which was to reduce red tape by at least $3 billion across the first three years.
Download the Report
- Australian Government Annual Red Tape Reduction Report 2015 - PDF 1.27 MB
- Australian Government Annual Red Tape Reduction Report 2015 - DOCX 365 KB
Appendix B of this whole-of-government Annual Report provides a list of portfolio-specific summaries which supplement the report.
These summaries are available here:
- B.1 Agriculture and Water Resources - PDF 162 KB | DOCX 42 KB
- B.2 Attorney-General’s - PDF 134 KB | DOCX 39 KB
- B.3 Communications and the Arts - PDF 131 KB | DOCX 28 KB
- B.4 Defence - PDF 128 KB | DOCX 29 KB
- B.5 Education and Training - PDF 129 KB | DOCX 38 KB
- B.6 Employment - PDF 123 KB | DOCX 35 KB
- B.7 Environment - PDF 142 KB | DOCX 52 KB
- B.8 Finance - PDF 111 KB | DOCX 29 KB
- B.9 Foreign Affairs and Trade - PDF 128 KB | DOCX 28 KB
- B.10 Health - PDF 153 KB | DOCX 42 KB
- B.11 Human Services - PDF 154 KB | DOCX 35 KB
- B.12 Immigration and Border Protection - PDF 153 KB | DOCX 35 KB
- B.13 Industry, Innovation and Science - PDF 149 KB | DOCX 35 KB
- B.14 Infrastructure and Regional Development - PDF 130 KB | DOCX 36 KB
- B.15 Social Services - PDF 159 KB | DOCX 36 KB
- B.16 Prime Minister and Cabinet - PDF 118 KB | DOCX 33 KB
- B.17 Treasury - PDF 251 KB | DOCX 79 KB
- B.18 Veterans’ Affairs - PDF 133 KB | DOCX 28 KB