The Regulatory Reform Division, of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, is responsible for co-ordinating the Government’s regulation reform agenda across all portfolios.
One of the ways this occurs is through the provision of Guidance Notes to portfolio Regulatory Reform Units, as a guide to their work.
Here are some Guidance Notes which were issued by the Regulatory Reform Division.
- Offsetting new regulatory measures - DOCX 1 MB | PDF 60 KB
- Establishment of Portfolio Deregulation Units - PDF 299KB
- Establishment of Ministerial Advisory Councils or equivalent consultation mechanisms - PDF 305KB
- Ministerial Letters of Expectation to Regulators - PDF 271KB
- Guidelines on the Definition of a Regulator - PDF 251KB
- Regulation Audit – Stage One - Stocktake, Self Assessment and Costing - PDF 368KB
- Regulation Audit – Stage Two - PDF 379KB
- Regulation Audit – Cross Portfolio Regulation - PDF 380KB
- Regulatory Impacts from Non Compliance and Administration of Courts and Tribunals - PDF 413KB
- International Standards and Risk Assessments - PDF 319KB
- International Standards and Risk Assessments - Frequently asked questions - PDF 155KB